Hi everyone! Integrative Health Coach Laleh here! I wanted to share about an exciting day coming up…Earth Day!!
Earth Day (April 22nd) 2021 will mark the 51st anniversary of this holiday. Typically, Earth Day is assigned a different theme or area of focus each year; this year’s theme is “Restore Our Earth.” Earth Day is a day that raises awareness about climate change, and global warming, and hopefully inspires everyone to take action to preserve our beautiful world. Yes, there are momentous environmental events that have happened since the first Earth Day in 1970, like signing of the Paris Agreement, and the Biden administration gathering a global climate summit this year, but there are SO MANY things that WE can do day to day to create a better, cleaner world around us. Here are my five easy tips:
1. Make easy swaps in your home today!
• Say goodbye to your single use plastic soap dispensers in your bathrooms and kitchen! Opt for Lush or Dr. Bronners Soap Bars instead!
• Swap single use cotton rounds for Machine Washable Cotton Rounds from Package Free Shop!
• The days of buying plastic snack bags are OVER! Try Stasher Reusable Snack Bags instead!
2. Support Local Pollinators
Buy Local Raw honey from your farmers market. Pollinators (Birds, bats, butterflies, moths, flies, beetles, wasps, small mammals, and most importantly, bees!!) help us sustain our ecosystems and produce our natural resources by helping plants reproduce. I recommend supporting your local bee keepers and buying Raw Honey! Raw honey is a great source of antioxidants, heals digestive issues, antibacterial/anti-fugal properties, and more! Enjoy this beautiful weather and support your farmers market!
3. Start Composting:
Gather all of your food scraps in these easy to use compost bags from Amazon, keep them in your freezer or compost bin, and drop off for free throughout the week at your local farmers market. I always go to Union Square Market, but they are everywhere!
Here’s a list of the compost drop-off times/locations:
• NJ area: https://www.litterless.com/where-to-compost/new-jersey
• NY area: https://www.grownyc.org/compost
4. Plant a tree, OR support a business that does!Plant People is one of my favorite companies for many reasons. They have the best, CBD Drops, face serums, mushroom supplements, lotions, sustainable packaging and more! The best part? With every purchase, they plant a tree!
All premium Organically Grown Ingredients, lab-tested and verified, B-Certified (highest certification!) and free of any heavy metals or contaminants. To thank Alivio Wellness members, use discount code LALEH15 for 15% off your order of $50 or more.
5. Get Out and Clean Up!
Gather a group of friends, get your kids out, get some physical activity and clean up the plastic in your neighborhood or nearby beach. Learn about volunteering near you HERE.
Want to learn more about Clean Beauty, Easy Clean Product Swaps and lessening your Toxic Load? Sign up for my “Guide to Toxic Free Living” program at Alivio Wellness! Happy Earth Day everyone!
Leave a Reply